Thursday, June 9, 2016

You Rock Electric Guitar Card

Hi crafty friends!! I got to play a little bit yesterday and made a graduation card for my nephew. He plays electric guitar and my hubby thought I should make a card similar to the one I made for my son with the drums. This is what I came up with.


I used my Gina Marie Dies for the cross stitch panel and watercolored it the same way I did my son's with the Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink and my Zig watercolors. I cut the guitar from my Cricut Indie Art cartridge with glittery red cardstock. I tried to make the guitar similar colors to the one he owns. 


I forgot to take a pic of the inside but I stamped it to say Congratulations on your Graduation using my Joy's Life Everyday Occasions stamps. The You Rock sentiment was stamped and embossed and is from the Joy's Life Father & Son stamps. 


I added some silver spash/drops from my Silver Metallic Wink of Luna Pen. I adhered the guitar with some foam tape and I was done. No sequins or rhinestones... after all this is supposed to be masculine LOL!

Thanks so much for hopping by!!

I will participate in the following challenges:
Die Cut Diva's- Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday- Anything Goes
Simon Says "Wednesday Challenge"- Father's Day/For A Guy
PDE Linky Party- Anything Goes

Hope you have a blessed day!

10 comments:

  1. Your card ROCKS!!!! the painted is fab and the guitar perfect
    I love the colors and the design
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JUNE Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love that background and the guitar is great! Thanks for joining us at the DL.ART June Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! Fabulous background! Dropping by to say Thank you so much for entering your art work into WAW this week Anything Goes Challenge - where you can upload 5 pieces each week - a total of 10 opportunities to win a prize! Happy Dance - it is a blessing to have you come by and join the challenge - may your day be filled with fun and laughter and leaving you with this message "The Lord is Good - All of the Time" Blessings, Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So COOL! I love the card and colors.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so COOL and TOTALLY fun!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, love your background
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card - certain to please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card for your nephew! He will love it. It truly ROCKS! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely underuse my cricut machine... Thanks for reminding me of what it can do! Love how you used the Wink of Luna, never bought of using it that way! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the watercolored background and the guitar is fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)