Sunday, August 23, 2015

CDD Linky Party Photo Inspiration



Hello friends!! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is a Photo Inspiration!! We still have one more week for this themed party and we would love to see your projects inspired by the photo above!! Whatever you can think of going by the colors, the cupcakes, or both!!

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over
at the Craftin Desert Diva's blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget about the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner
and a Top 3! The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors are:

One Stamp Set

$25 Gift Card (Regular Priced Items)

Here is what I made..


I chose to make a card using the colors for inspiration. The blues made me think of the sky. I thought it would be fun to make a card using the stamps and dies from The Sky Is The Limit set. I didn't use my Cricut at all for this one. I hand cut all the layers, used a corner punch, and the CDD stitched cloud and kite dies. I went with the kraft card stock base to represent the cake in the inspiration photo.


I embossed the white layer with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder to show through the negative cloud die cutouts. I stamped the kite on some Doodlebug paper and paper pieced it. I hand cut the pink chevron banner and used a sentiment from the Garden Cuties stamp set. I added the crinkle ribbon bow to make it pop and finally embellished with some blue sequins from the CDD Emerald Island sequin mix.

This is definitely not my typical style of card. No Cricut and no critters haha!! But I've been trying to step outside my comfort zone a bit.  I hope you like it!

Here are pics of the CDD sets I used. You can find these and so much more at the Craftin Desert Divas Shop!




Thanks so much for hoppin by!!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is sooo PRETTY!! LOVE the image of the kite flying in the sky... BEautiful!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)