Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Winter Penguin Decorating His Igloo

Hello my crafty friends! Is everybody ready for Christmas? My son has been so kind to announce every single day just how many days are left, lol! Do any of you host for the holidays? Lucky me I have Christmas every year at my house and it looks like I'm stuck with Thanksgiving now too..... For those of you who host, I salute you and wish you as low stress as possible, hee hee (If there is such a thing)! I don't think anyone can truly understand what goes in to hosting a holiday until you've had to do it year after year by yourself. I'm trying to buck up and not sweat the small stuff but...... it ain't easy!!

Today I have a cute little igloo shaped card to share :) 


I used the Too Cute By Jessica Cute Winter Penguins file that was a Craftin Desert Diva's hop freebie. I just love these adorable and chubby little penguins! The Igloo and light strings are from the Cricut Create a Critter cartridge. I welded and cut the igloo shape at about 4"x 11 3/8". I hand cut the glitter paper along the bottom for the snow.


The colored papers are all from my scraps box. I used flocking powder for the cute little beanie. I also added some Wink of Stella glitter on the lights. The face is from the Peachy Keen Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.


This picture captures the sparkle!


The sentiment is from the Craftin Desert Diva's Get Your Jingle On set and I used the SVG that goes with it.  Here are pics of what I used:

Click HERE to shop!

Click HERE to shop!

Click HERE to shop!
And there is still time to take advantage of this fantastic sale!!
Thanks so much for hopping by! I will participate in the following challenges:


Hope you have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute shape card...loving the penguins right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so absolutely adorable!! I love the igloo shape!! The penguin is so cute!! The rosy cheeks are so sweet!! And the flocking on the hat is fabulous!! What a fun card!! I can't believe how quickly Christmas is arriving...so much to do and so little time left to do it!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)