Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Christmas In July Blog Hop Winner and Alien Card

Happy Tuesday everyone! First of all I have the winner of the Exploring Cricut and more blog hop. I meant to get that posted Sunday night but Hubby and I made it home so late from our Anniversary weekend in Las Vegas that I forgot! More on that in just a bit. Yesterday I was exhausted and spent the day catching up on household duties. Now I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation, lol! 

Anyway, the winner of the CM stash is:

Blue6366
Barbara, I will send you an email this morning and a message 
on your blog as well. Thank you for participating and 
being a follower of my blog!

And now here is my project:
I made this for the little brother of one of my Girl Scouts. 
He is such a sweet boy.


This cute little card is from my Life's A Party cartridge. I cut the card out at 5.0". I layered it with the main image that had more detail, however it did not line up perfectly so I had to give it a little trim. I used DCWV glitter cardstock and CM silver metallic cardstock. I added the little Happy Birthday banner on the bottom and stamped it with Joy's Life Stamps.


The inside sentiment is cut at 1.5". This is a fast and adorable cut and I love this cartridge. It is full of cute shaped cards and so easy to make. 

So I hope you don't mind if I share a few pics from hubby and my 16th Anniversary weekend in Las Vegas! We had to take a selfie on our way out to the concert to send to the kids! We felt so silly doing this, lol! We're not gamblers but we love music so we like to see shows and hang out. 


Our first night we saw the Steve Miller Band and Journey. We had decent seats and it was fun! Maybe I'm getting old but Journey was so loud! There were people leaving saying they were going deaf! Lucky for me I had my earplugs. I know better after being a musician for many years.  Even hubby wore them and he usually doesn't believe in them!


Here is a pic of their finale with the confetti blowing everywhere!


I really enjoyed the Steve Miller Band. He still sounded amazing after so many years!



Originally hubby bought tix to see Celine Dion! But she cancelled last minute so we got tix to see Aerosmith and kept the weekend rockin! We were blown away with how close we were to the stage!


I was literally 10 feet away from Steven Tyler!!!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you all are enjoying your summer. Next week the kids go back to school and I go back to teaching. I have really enjoyed crafting this summer and hope to keep it up while getting my craft room together!

I will participate in the following challenges:


Have a wonderful day!







6 comments:

  1. What a fun anniversary weekend. Love the Steve Miller Band, Journey and Aerosmith. Great alien card too. And thank you for the fun in participating in your blog hop and letting me know I had won. I sent you an email back this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute alien card. Looks like your weekend was a fun one. I am your newest follower and look forward to seeing more of your crafty work. Much success to you in all your crafty endeavors.
    -Melin
    My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation! I love your alien! I don't think I have that cartridge... Thanks so much for playing with us this week at PDE For Kids Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! I love the shape!

    And such a fun anniversary too!! We're talking about going to Vegas for our 25th (in 3 years). Now I really want to go!! (And I'm quite jealous that you were so close to Steve Tyler!! Lucky you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used metallic on the inside of the card.. plus I adore the outside also. It's very cute and fits perfectly in our Kids theme this week over at PDE. Thanks so much for sharing and happy anniversary.

    - DT Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)